Pinoy Phototrekker


TheKampana of Camalaniugan sleepy town of Camalaniugan plays host to the oldest bells in the country that still works, located at the church in the middle of town and just across the Cagayan River. The Bells of Camalaniuganhas stood the test of time. They were placed on the old Spanish church sitting across the Cagayan River edge named after a Polish Saint, San Jacinto de Polonia established one year after Sta Maria was forged on 1596. Time and erosion claimed the original church, now the bells have been placed on a new and modern church that is just a stones throw away from the ruins of the original church made up of bricks, the church still bears the same name as the original. The bells are still functioning and until now have called faithful churchgoers to holy mass every Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Read the rest of this entry »